Friday, August 03, 2007

I Have That Person in My Data Base (a brief rant)

I can accept the notion that a person has been spoken with or contacted.

I cannot accept the answer that they are in your data base.

Respectfully, so what if it is in your data base?

I am not investing resources to be a firm's tickler system, prompting them to contact potential employees.

Place yourself in another's shoes.

You are spending time (money) to find, evaluate, assess and refer someone. That person has not been contacted by the client (you) yet and then you are told, "They are in my data base."

Is that the way you want your firm to do business?

Is that fair? Do you believe you are being honest when you have failed to take action on someone and use someone to remind you to call them?

I understand that mistakes happen. I make them and you make them. Everyone does. Don't punish someone who works for free to help you unless they are successful by setaling their efforts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Altman, The Big Game Hunter has been a recruiter for more than 40 years.

Sign up for a complimentary subscription to No B.S. Job Search Advice at TheBigGameHunter.us.
Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Trying to hire someone? Email me at JeffAltman@TheBigGameHunter.us.

Subscribe to TheBigGameHunterTV on YouTube for advice about job hunting and hiring. Like videos, share and comment.

Listen to Job Search Radio, No B. S. Job Search Advice Radio and No B. S. Hiring Advice Radio in iTunes and other podcast directories and apps.

Do you someone at a manager level or above and need more in-depth job search coaching? Join my VIP Personal Search Agent program.

Are you someone who would not fit my VIP program and would like to ask me a question via email, chat, or phone? Reach me via LivePerson

Like this article, podcast or video and others from The Big Game Hunter? Make a donation through PayPal to TheBigGameHunter@gmail.com